Terms of Service
Computer Services Limited, (also known as CSL) is an ISP providing valuable Internet access, products and services to its subscribers and other Internet users. Through its website (http://www.CSL.ws) and related products and services, CSL provides web surfers with applications, information, and links to make the Internet experience more productive and enjoyable. By using CSL’s website and services (the “CSL Site/Services”), you agree to the terms, conditions, limitations, and notices set forth in this policy (the “Terms of Service”). These Terms of Service may be updated or modified by CSL from time to time, in its sole discretion, and your continued use constitutes acceptance of such changes. We agree to provide you with those services set forth at the time of signup and you agree to abide by the restrictions made below. In the event of any violation of the below terms and conditions of using our service, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account immediately, without notice. If you do not wish to be bound by the below terms and conditions of using our service, then you may not access the service.
No Unlawful Acts:
At all times, you agree to use the CSL Site/Services in accordance with these Terms of Service and in accordance with all Government of Samoa laws, ordinances, and regulations. In all circumstances, as a condition of your use of the CSL Site/Services, you agree that you will not use the CSL Site/Services for any purpose that is unlawful or in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden or impair the operation of the CSL Site/Services (or the network(s) connected to any CSLSite/Services) or interfere with any other party’s use of the CSL Site/Services. CSL will take whatever lawful steps it deems appropriate, in its sole discretion, to detect and prevent any such activities.
Responsibility of UseUser shall assume all responsibility for all content distributed, accessed, or viewed while connected to our service. Under no circumstance shall we be held liable for your actions while you are using the service. In the event of a court order, we may provide any and all information that they request of us to them.
Personal Use—No Rights in Intellectual Property :
Unless otherwise specified, the CSL Site/Services are for your personal and non-commercial use. Unless expressly agreed to in writing by CSL, you may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained through the CSL Site/Services.
Your Account Information:
When using the CSL Site/Services, particularly in communicating with others, always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself, including information about your family. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account number and/or password. You are responsible for all uses of your account, whether or not actually or expressly authorized by you. Links to Third Party Sites and Content
CSL's Site/Services contain content aggregated from third parties, as well as links to third party websites and/or content. Because such websites and/or content are not under our control, CSL make no guarantee as to the accuracy, currency, substance or quality of any such sites and/or content. CSL provides such links and/or content as a convenience to you, and the inclusion of any link or content does not imply endorsement by CSL of such information. CSL assumes no responsibility as to whether the content, links or any search through the CSL Site/Services will locate unintended or objectionable material.
Any dealings with third parties (including advertisers) through the CSL Site/Services or participation in promotions, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between you and the advertiser or other third party. CSL shall not be responsible or liable for any part of any such dealings or promotions. You are responsible for viewing and abiding by any rules or regulations governing use of the third party websites and/or information.
Communications and Prohibited Actions:
The CSL Site/Services may contain e-mail services, bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars, notepads, and/or other message or communication applications. You agree to use such applications only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper. Users alone are responsible for the contents of any messages as well as the consequences of any such messages.
You agree that you will not use CSL’s services for chain letters, junk mail, "spamming" or commercial solicitations or to engage in illegal activities. You further agree not to use CSL’s services to send any message or material that is unlawful or gives rise to civil liability.
Without limitation, you agree that you will not:
- Email Restrictions
- Your participation in online communication is not edited, censored, or otherwise controlled by CSL. However, CSL reserves the right to review materials posted to a CSL Site/Services and to remove any materials which CSL in its sole discretion determines to be harmful, offensive, or otherwise in violation of these Terms of Service. CSL reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the CSL Site/Services at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever.
Materials uploaded to the CSL Site/Services may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination; you are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials
Disclaimer; Limitations of Liability:
You understand and expressly agree that use of the CSL Site/Services are at your sole risk, that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the CSL Site/Services are at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data.
CSL DISCLAIMS, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR OTHER ENDORSEMENTS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO THE INFORMATION ACCESSED FROM, OR THROUGH, THE CSL SITE/SERVICES, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS.
CSL does not assume any liability for the completeness, accuracy or usefulness of any information disclosed or materials accessed through the CSL Site/Services. In no event shall CSL (or any persons or entities related thereto) be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages associated with or arising from use of the use of the CSL Site/Services in any way, including any loss of use, data or profits, regardless of the form of action.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless CSL, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants and agents from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, attorneys fees) arising from your use of the CSL site/services, your violation of the Terms of Service or your infringement, or infringement by any other user of your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. The Terms of Service will inure to the benefit of CSL's successors, assigns and licensees.
Intellectual Property Rights:
You acknowledge and agree that copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, and other proprietary rights and laws protect all content and materials available on the CSL Site/Services. No license or right to any intellectual property rights or license to any intellectual property, content, technology, system, process, or related material belonging to CSL or any other third party is created by virtue of it being displayed or made accessible on the CSL Site Services. Except as expressly authorized by CSL, you agree not to use the CSL Site/Services in any manner that would infringe, violate, dilute or misappropriate any such rights, with respect to any material, which you access or receive through this site.
All content and software (if any) that is made available to view and/or download in connection with the CSL Site/Services (“Software”) is owned by and is the copyrighted work of CSL, and/or its suppliers or affiliates and is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions. Your use of the Software is governed by the terms of the end user license agreement, if any, which accompanies or is included with the Software ("License Agreement"). You may not install or use any Software that is accompanied by or includes a License Agreement unless you first agree to the License Agreement terms.
Any reproduction or redistribution of the content and/or Software is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, COPYING OR REPRODUCTION OF THE CONTENT OR SOFTWARE TO ANY OTHER SERVER OR LOCATION FOR FURTHER REPRODUCTION OR REDISTRIBUTION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED. You acknowledge that the Software, and any accompanying documentation and/or technical information, is subject to applicable export control laws and regulations of the USA. You agree not to export or re-export the Software, directly or indirectly, to any countries that are subject to USA export restrictions.
CSL AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, LACK OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED WITHIN THE CSL SITE/SERVICES FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALL SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. CSL AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
In connection with your account or use of the CSL Site/Services, you may be provided with storage space using CSL’s servers and network. The amount of storage space per user is limited. Some messages may not be processed due to space constraints or outbound message limitations. You agree that CSL is not responsible or liable for the deletion or failure to store messages or other information.
In order to ensure that CSL is able to provide high quality services which are responsive to customer needs, you consent to CSL employees being able to access your account and records on a case by case basis to investigate complaints or other allegations or abuse. CSL shall not disclose the existence or occurrence of such an investigation unless required by law. Violation of terms of service may result in immediate deletion of a users account.
- Upon signup, the enduser will be billed immediately for the first month's service and any set-up fees.
- All recurring transactions take place on the same day every month. If the billing is declined, we will attempt to automatically rebill two more times before suspending service. It is the End Users responsibility to make sure that CSL always has the most up to date contact and billing information for their account. Under no circumstances will CSL be liable for bank fees incurred by the User for CSL attempting to charge for service. If the billing continues to be declined after 60 days, or if we receive a bounced or invalid payment, the account will be suspended.
- If an electronic payment or scheduled direct debit payment is cancelled for any reason, a $25.00 fee will apply.
- Please direct all billing disputes to our HelpDesk Team.
- Cancellation Policy:
- You can cancel your service one of three ways.
By mail to: CSL
SLAC Building, 1st Floor
By Phone to: @0926, 20927 (8:30 am - 5 pm)
Please include your name, address, contact phone number, username, email address and the date you want the cancellation to occur.
- Cancellations are processed at the end of each billing cycle. (ie. if your account invoices on the 1st day of each month and you call to cancel on the 10th, your cancellation date would be the last day of the month). We do not offer prorated refunds. Cancellation fees may apply.
Termination of Use:
We may modify or discontinue our services or any account, with or without notice, without liability to you, any other user or any third party. CSL reserves the right to terminate your account if we learn that you have provided us with false or misleading registration information, interfered with other users or the administration of CSL's services, or violated these Terms of Service. CSL may also terminate or suspend your access to CSL Site/Service(s) for inactivity, which is defined as failing to log into a particular service for an extended period of time, as determined by CSL. The amount of time that CSL currently considers as an "extended" period of time may be viewed in the FAQ relating to the particular service. Upon termination of the CSL Site/Service, your right to use the CSL Site/Service immediately ceases.
Miscellaneous; Entire Agreement:
These Terms of Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Government of Samoa, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions or your actual country of residence. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion of the Terms of Service to be unenforceable, the remainder of the Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect.
These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and replaces all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms of Service will be effective only if in writing and signed by CSL.
- Use the CSL Site/Services in connection with the transmission of any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise). For any such spamming, you agree to pay CSL costs for such unauthorized activities.
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, victimize, degrade or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others. Without limitation, no message or communication can infringe on the rights of others on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, disability, or any other reason.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful information.
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents to do the same.
- Interfere with service to any user, host or network.
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan Horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of the CSL Site/Services.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the CSL Site/Services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Falsify address information or otherwise modify e-mail headers to conceal the identify of any sender or recipient.
- Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of any CSL Site/Service(s) or other user or usage information or any portion thereof.
- Use the CSL Site/Services to engage in activities that violate any terms or conditions of any other network access provider or ISP.
- User agrees that Port 25 (SMTP) is blocked for all outgoing mail servers except our own.
- User may not send to more than 25 recipients at a time.
- User may not attempt to send more than 200 emails per hour period.
- User may not send from an email address that is not their own.
- User may not send an email that is over 10 MB in size.
- User may not forge message headers to hide the origin of their email.
- Provider may block certain attachment types used in transmitting viruses.
- Provider may run a virus scanner on all mail and drop mail containing viruses.